Protocol Decoders Included
- Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, PPP, SLIP, Saia-Burgess S-Bus, and TCP/IP carried over PPP
- Easy-to-use scripting language to write custom decodes for
proprietary protocols and/or extensions to existing protocol decoders.
Data Capture Options
- Requires 'RS-232 ComProbe II' or 'RS-422/485 ComProbe'.
- Supports data rates up to 921.6 Kbps including non-standard
- Capture data to a single file or a series of files.
- Data can be analyzed in real-time using
- Multiple synchronized windows can be
- Real-time breakout box includes timing diagrams and counters for
- Timing diagrams enable captured control signal transitions to be
viewed with respect to captured data bytes.
Data Display Characteristics
- Frame/Packet contents are decoded to the byte and bit level.
- Characters can be displayed in ASCII, EBCDIC, or Baudot.
- Nonprintable characters are displayed using hex and
- Supported radices include hex, octal, decimal and binary.
- Decoded data formats supported include 16 bit Integers, 32
bit Integers, IEEE 32 bit Floating Point, 32 bit Reverse
Floating Point, and ASCII.
- Display filter parameters include filter-in or filter-out
protocols, messages, data patterns, and advanced mode for
- Quick filters for the Frame Display
window includes protocol filtering in and out, filtering on the
summary pane, and filtering on messages.
- Tab filters in the Frame Display allow you to filter in
frames that contain a specific protocol layer.
- Search at the byte or frame level.
- Find data by timestamps.
- Locate errors.
- Discover specific data patterns (patterns include wildcard
characters at the bit level, nibble level, and byte level).
- Search decoded text, with or without wildcards.
- Export Events or Frames into text or binary format.
- Exports the contents of the Frame Display's Summary Pane
into CSV format.
- Export output is suitable for importing into a spreadsheet,
database or other post-process program for intricate data and
- Print the Summary Pane and/or Decode Pane information.
- Shows amount of data on the network (number of
- Displays error information.
- Provides information on data rates (characters per second,
frames per second).
- Provides network utilization information.
- For serial networks, it provides statistics for both the DTE/Master/Host
and DCE/Slave/RTU ends.
- Provides current, peak and average values for all network
- Includes special Transmit program to send data over Serial
- Transmit is supported only for PCs with built-in serial port
that use Microsoft's serial driver (SERIAL.SYS or SERIAL.VXD).
- Data strings and files can be transmitted one time, multiple
times, or continuously.
- Data transmission delays can be inserted in millisecond,
second, or minute increments.
- Control signals can be set on or off.
- Provides both absolute and relative displays of event timing
for bytes and frames/messages.
- Calculates time intervals between bytes and between
frames/messages (delta time).
- Timestamp resolution is 100 nanoseconds.
- Add notes to your capture files describing the contents of
the data. Use the notes for archiving network information, or to
resolve problems and sharing information between people.
- Add bookmarks to highlight important bytes and frames for
easy access. Use these bookmarks to share information and
capture files between team members.
- I/O configurations, protocol stacks, and filters can be
saved for future use.
Help & Documentation
- Comprehensive product help provides operating instructions.
- Quick Start Guide enables rapid product set-up and
- Documentation is installed with the product and is also