The Frontline Ethernet ComProbe is a compact, portable, aggregating Ethernet network tap that
interfaces to the PC via USB. The Ethernet ComProbe is non-intrusive, passive and captures bi-directional
Ethernet data. The Ethernet ComProbe is compatible with NetDecoder™ and
Ethertest™ software protocol analyzers. The Ethernet ComProbe is also
compatible with the free, open-source Wireshark protocol analyzer.
- The tap captures and aggregates bi-directional Ethernet data. The captured data is sent to the analysis PC via a single USB port.
- The tap is transparent and non-intrusive. The analysis PC does not show up as a node on the network.
- There is no need for an external power supply. The tap uses USB power during data capture.
- Network connection is guaranteed even without USB port connection.
- The tap enables data capture without the need for expensive managed switches.
- There is no need to make complicated configuration changes in managed switches to capture data.
- Includes Hardware Capture filters
- Compatible with free, open source Wireshark protocol analyzer